The fifth edition of the Kerala Travel Mart (KTM 2008) was held from 20th to 23rd September 2008 at the Le Meridien Convention Centre, Kochi.
307 International and 590 Domestic Buyers attended the mart.
The profiles of the Buyers consisted of Airlines personnel, Media, and Mice Consultants , Tour Operators, Travel Agents and Travel Writers.
Buyers from 42 countries, with Brazil, Finland, France, Germany, Malaysia, South Africa, Switzerland, UAE, UK and USA being represented in good numbers. At the same time, delegates from Ecuador, Finland, Lebanon, Mexico, and Peru were seen here for the first time. Meanwhile, from the Indian market, delegates from 14 States visited the Event with those from Delhi, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu coming in large numbers.
Out of 395 members of the KTM Society, 249 took part in this mega Event as Sellers occupying 76 Tables, 208 Modules and 16 Houseboat Parking bays.
A prior appointment system for the Buyers and the Sellers was introduced for the first time.
Buyers also had the opportunity of going on Pre & Post Mart FAM Tours.
The Mart as it happened:
- 6.30p.m., Saturday, 20th Sep’08, at Le Meridien International Convention Centre, Cochin, the President of the Kerala Travel Mart Society, Mr. E. M. Najeeb, welcomed a gathering of about 1,500 delegates.
- The H’ble Chief Minister of Kerala, Sri. V.S.Achudanandan inaugurated the function by lighting the traditional lamp.
- The H’ble Minister for Tourism, Sri Kodiyeri Balakrishnan presided over the function.
- The audience was treated to a 40 minute display of sound , light & dance based on the phenomenon of Global warming – ‘ The Vigil – Time is now’.
- At 9.30 a.m. on Sunday, 21st Sep’08 the H’ble Minister for Tourism , Sri Kodiyeri Balakrishnan inaugurated the venue of KTM 2008.
- The Mart came to a close with the valedictory function at 4.30 p.m. on Tuesday, 23rd Sep’08.